Specifications: 6.2-liter V8 Supercharged HEMI with 840 hp and 770 lb-ft.
1) When complete twenty years after the production, the Dodge Challenger has all the elements to be a classic car. This SRT is going to remember by the Challenger’s fans that it was expression of the V8-magnitude because generated 840 hp without any kind of hybridization-mandatory. Just super premium gas. And 770 lb-ft of torque delivered through the rear-wheels;
2) No, numbers and more numbers. The Demon has an advance here, once Chevrolet with the Camaro COPO and Ford, had the Cobra Jet Mustang 2016, both are specific for drag-race, with the Demon is possible to go fast in drag race and break a records track, and after all this, it possible to see one respecting the 40 Km/h School Zone. Street & Drag are the Technology.
Backing to numbers, they are: 0-140 MPH in 9.65 1/4 mile, 0-60 in 2.3 seconds, produces 1.8 g of g-force and top speed 168 mph (268,8 Km/h);
With all these performance numbers came through the 6.2l engine, Torque Reserve Launch System, the Transbrake, and drag-strip-tuned adaptive suspension which it possible to wheelie for 2.92 feet (89 cm) in the Drag mode;
3) The philosophy design is a mix between the nostalgia because exterior brings back to mind the classic muscle from the seventies with the massive air grabber hood, wide-body kit and almost the same length as the first generation (the difference is 0,2mm) and connect to the future, the inside the 8.4 inch infotainment system where is adjust the modes; and,
4) The V8 HEMI supercharged sounds is terrific.
1) The idea of the Demon Crate isn’t exactly new, others cars manufacturers’ve already done that, for example, McLaren did with the F1 (1993) with the Facom titanium tool kit. Even Dodge didn’t redefine the box, the company has given a step forward in terms of exclusivity on be the first American company to sell it;
2) As a general rule, saving weight is one the main focus for an automaker when launches a new project. So Dodge did almost the impossible to reduce the weight. It was 90Kg. At the same time, still extremely heavy muscle car, 1.950 Kg, it has a better Kg/hp when compared to Camaro ZL1 2018 is 2,67 Kg/hp and Demon 2,321; and,
3) Being a future classic comes with a price. In Canada the Dodge’s web site you can configure and reaches a $120,935 CAD. If won’t find one in the Dodge’s dealership, it possible to find one for 160+ CAD before tax, fees and transportation – a difference of around 32,33%.
1) The Demon is based on the 2016 Dodge Challenger 2016 Dodge Challenger R/T 2-door, and it was the worst muscle car from the Big Three. It means it needs a new platform.
Conclusion: In your own ecosystem, the Demon, with 840-hp, defines the meaning of power, over 707hp, 650hp, and 562hp.
Observations: As part of the Dodge SRT Demon doesn’t have a roll cage bars, also there are two more elements that make it banned from the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA):
1) Fuel/Air: According to NHRA Section 20, page 5 General Regulations: “Fuel/Air: Any method of artificially cooling or heating fuel prohibited (i.e., cool cans, Freon, wet rags, etc.), . Ambient-temperature air only; cooling or otherwise changing the conditions of the intake air is prohibited. Spraying of intake with any artificial spray or coolant prohibited.”, the Dodge Demon has the Power Chiller, which uses the A/C to keep the engine and systems cool down;
2) Traction Control System, through the General Regulations Section 20, page 40, informs: “Any type of traction-control device, electronic or mechanical, is prohibited.” . The Demon follows the Federal motor vehicle safety standard (FMVSS) No. 126.
About the Roll cage, “General Regulations Section 20, page 30 “On all cars requiring a roll cage”.